With the paradigm shift in the style of work during and post-pandemic period, the job market has witnessed a great change. Recalling the pre-pandemic era, a substantial amount of resources were engaged in the business as usual (BAU) as well as knowledge transfer tasks. This included one-to-one sessions, group meetings and brainstorming discussions. The organisation made sure that the system functions smoothly as well-oiled machinery.
There were a lot of jobs that were curtailed starting Q2 2020. It was not less than Q1 of 2021 that the market regained its position back to normal with the companies hiring actively and looking for potential candidates.
The amount of work handled by the existing employees in the fields of engineering, IT and marketing was huge. Working from home (WFH), the way it has been abbreviated was the prime mode of working. Any new addition of employees to a company would render them at least twice the time to learn and get familiar with the processes and scope of work. Companies have been moderating the iteration rate and working on retaining the current employees with appreciable remunerations. Any day to day task would feel mundane for an employee doing the same task for more than a year. This sets apart the present employee and makes them a valuable resource.
Some profiles you know which are the top highest paying jobs in India will help you decide your career path with confidence.
Let’s take a look at the highest paying jobs in India in 2021.
- Cloud Architect: The average annual salary for a Cloud Architect in India is 20 lakhs, ranging from 5.9 lakhs to 38.0 lakhs.
- Data Scientist: After 2020, companies are going more digital than ever in the past. This creates a huge demand for data scientist professionals in India. On average, a mid-level data scientist can earn up to 20-25 lakh per annum while an entry-level data scientist can earn 6-7 lakh per annum. Statistical analysis and computing, AI, Deep Learning, Processing large data sets, Data Visualization, Data Wrangling, Mathematics, and Programming are amongst the major skills that data scientists will require to crack an interview. Check out the recent data scientist job openings in India.
- Full Stack Software Developer: Full-stack software developers earn an average salary of ₹7,52,010 per year in India. Full Stack Developers are those who also work on the Front End of applications, which is the client-side, as well as the Back End, which is server-side. Full Stack Developers have to have some skills in a wide variety of coding niches, from databases to graphic design and UI/UX management in order to do their job well.
- Blockchain Engineer: A blockchain engineer in India makes an average of ₹ 825,000 per year or ₹ 423 per hour. The need for blockchain engineers is high as more companies are interested in working with this technology, but lack the employees that are capable and interested enough to build it themselves.
- Digital Marketing Managers: IT firms, Internet companies, and digital marketing agencies pay their digital marketing managers the highest salaries of all other industries. The job requires advanced experience in digital marketing, strong leadership skills, and a strong knowledge of management and mentoring. An average Digital Marketing Manager’s salary in India is * 7.0 Lakhs per year, with salaries ranging from * 3.0 Lakhs to * 19.7 Lakhs.
- Investment Bankers: Investment bankers in India earn an average annual salary of *5.4 lakhs, ranging from *2.0 lakhs to *29.9 lakhs.
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer: In India, an entry-level AI engineer earns an average salary of Rs. 8 lakhs annually, which is significantly higher than the average compensation for an engineering graduate.
- Product Managers: The average salary for a Product Manager in India is *14,50,000. The product manager identifies customer needs and the higher-level business objectives of a product or service feature will fulfil, articulates what success looks like for a product and rallies a team to turn that vision into a reality