KEY ROLE –
Provide Lead technical support on all, including complex security issues – liaising with customer representatives or vendors and directing other support staff where appropriate. This will include the support of new and existing products that come under the responsibility of the team
MAJOR RESPONSBILITIES –
- Allocated and work on complex incidents, problems and changes within the Operational environment.
- Manage, lead and prioritise a team of Security specialists working in a operational environment
- Provide leadership and training to technical support staff. Including, mentoring of 2nd line support staff to improve diagnostic skills and encouraging them to achieve security product accreditation.
- Consult with and provide direction for Project and delivery managers to bring into service security solutions. Ensuring they meet the criteria for ongoing support
- Produce and support Firewall polices and function configuration builds to allow implementation of customer projects.
- Carry out Security Solutions Technical Consultancy in support of customer project work.
- Provide first class training and customer presentations.
- Have the ability to maintain a lab environment for training, testing of new services and support of customers..
- Complete and own integration testing on new products and services, producing all relevant supporting documentation.
- Achieve and maintain the relevant technical accreditation to the requisite level to support all products within the product matrices.
- Form an integral part of a 24 hour support rota, supporting the CNOC 2nd line diagnostic team.
- Have the authority to use evaluation software in the initial implementation phase of a new service offering, ensuring that valid licenses are uploaded in a timely manner.
- Produce scripts and supporting documentation to allow the 2nd line diagnostic team to undertake remote software downloads configuration changes and implementation of new customer projects.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the team and line manager.
- Provide input to internal & external monthly reports.
- Track, record and manage financial expenditure, producing business cases where appropriate in support of financial spend.
PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES –
Formal qualifications that are essential to the job:
Qualification to degree level in a relevant technical background would be desirable.
Accredited or Certified either to CISSP, ( Certifies Information System Security Professional ), Cisco
CCNA, CCNP, CCSP. Nokia Admin 1 – 2 , Check Point CCSA , CCSE and Provider 1
Experience essential for the job:
A background in data communications is essential. Particular knowledge on Internet working and IP
Skills are a requirement. Vendor Security technologies: Nokia, Check Point Provider-1, Check Point
Firewall including VSX, Secure Client, Blue Coat Proxy SGOS, Blue Coat AV, Websense URL
Web-Filtering, ISS IDS/IPS & Juniper SSL
Experience in managing and delivery of customer network solutions.